Tumblr Users Post 38,000 Times A Minute
It’s difficult to ignore Tumblr. Since the micro-blogging site came on stream a few years ago, it has grown rather quickly—up to 900% by one estimate. And although it’s no WordPress, it’s already being compared heavily.
But what are the numbers? A recent infographic sought to put things into perspective and a few surprising stats came out that is sure to make the likes of WordPress sit up and take notice. According to the graphic, the popularity of Tumblr is driven largely by its loyal users who currently visits the site incessantly to update their thumb-blog and check out other blogs started by people in their network.
The graphic also revealed that Tumblr users make about 38,000 posts a minute or over 2,280,000 posts per hour. This fact is not so staggering when you consider how posts are constituted on the site, and according to the graphic, over 42% of posts are photos. 51% of users are male with the other 49% female, and the platform seems to be used heavily by Caucasians (currently 72%). The site is surprisingly popular in Brazil who currently makes up 9% of its use by country. Brazil even beat put the UK in terms of platform popularity.
What’s really interesting too is that Tumblr hasn’t really matured as a platform. When it gets a larger pool of users, WordPress will really have to take notice.
Do you use Tumblr? Let us know what you think about the popular micro-blogging platform below.