Khan Academy Hits 4 Million Unique Visitors
Reddit AMA (ask me anything) is a web site where people can ask questions about various different things and are also able to answer questions on posts that other people have asked. People give their opinion on issues, reviews about companies or places of business, etc. For instance here are some posts on the web site about Khan academy:
The Highlights So Far:
- Over the last month, Khan Academy saw 4 million unique users. That’s up from 1 million in the same period last year, and up from 3.5 million in October (asked by dbigthe)
- The Khan Academy team is currently made up of 22 people, and they’re hiring ~1 more per month. (asked by dbigthe)
- “I’d say that 90% [of the videos are shot] in 1 take. 99% are 2 takes.” (asked by johnsmcjohn)
- “I will definitely do much more advanced mathematics in the next year than what we have now.” (This resulted in Michael Nielson, leading quantum computing expert and author of the standard text on the subject, to offer his assistance right in the thread)
- On how long each video takes to make (asked by ctngu):
Depends on the video. If I do an example problem in, say, algebra, I don’t do any prep so it takes me about 10 minutes. If I am thinking about introducing a complex topic that I already know well, I think about it on my walk to work so it may be 30 mins -1 hour total. If it is a topic that I need to brush up on, it might be half a day. When I did organic chemistry, I spent 2 weeks immersing myself in the subject before making the first video.
- On the people he respects greatly (as asked by Puranto23):
Mark Twain. Muhammad Yunus. Bill Cosby. Richard Feynman. Bill Gates (regardless of how you feel about Microsoft, he has redefined philanthropy and is directly saving a ridiculous number of lives. He’s also amazingly smart and down to earth) .
- On why there are no foreign language courses on KA:
I can barely speak English
Seriously, we will try to eventually address this. Don’t know exactly how and there is a lot other stuff in the pipeline, but, i agree, it is important.
This web site is useful for all types of information and is worth checking out! Also, Khan Academy is worth checking out too and sounds like a unique education organization!